The first documentary testimonies about five villages: Cârjiti, Chergheş, Cozia, Almaşu-Sec and Popeşti that make up the common Cârjiti are relatively late in the 15th century.
These first documentary testimonies are recorded on the occasion of donations of lands to the nobles by the King of Hungary for military merit.
Chronologically, the first documented locality was the village of Chergheş, recorded in 1406 (posessio volahalis Kergés).
In the village there is a church called "Sfânta Paraschiva," (XVIIIth century). The village is 13 km away from Deva, on the communal road no.125 (unmoderned between Cârjiti and Chergheş).
The church is built on a plateau that dominates the village from the north ... read mode here >