Location: 45°30'52.34"N, 23° 5'35.30"E
Pui commune is located in the southern area of the limits of Hunedoara County, 65 km away from the county seat, Deva.
Pui commune consists of 12 villages: Pui - the commune residence, Băieşti, Federi, Galati, Hobita, Ohaba Ponor, Riu Barbat, Ruşor, Şerel, Fizeşti and Uric.
Neighborhood relations are: at the western border of the administrative territory, with Sălaşu de Sus commune; To the north-west Pui commune is neighboring the village of Sântamăria Orlea, to the north with the village of Boşorod, to the north-eastern boundary with Orăştioara de Sus commune and to the east with the commune of Baru.
Pui commune is crossed by the electrified railway Simeria - Petroșani. Pui is located adjacent to the Simeria - Petroșani railway line. The railroad area is marked by regulation boards and is 100 m from the cadastral boundary.
The main road access in the area is provided by D.N. 66, direction Deva. Due to the varied relief of the commune, the traffic flows on the characteristic arteries of each area. Thus, there are different class roads, from class V to class I, including forest roads:
• The National Road 66 Simeria-Petrosani,
• County Road 667 Chalet-Baleia Chalet (asphalt 5.5 Km),
• The communal road 64 Galaţi-Fizeşti (asphalt 1.6 km),
• The communal road 65 - D.N. 66 - Dive - Ohaba-Ponor - Federi (asphalt),
• The communal road 71 Hobita-Uric,
• The communal road 72 Ruşor-Şerel,
• The communal road 73 A Băieşti.