In 1360 the existence of the village of Răchitova under the name of the Reketya possession is certified by an act of the Voivode of Transylvania, which gives Stoian and Boian, the sons of Mijin in Densus, with the estate of Răchitova, to whom he - later added Valley of Ciulei and Văratecul. The serfs who gave birth to the present village of Mesteacăn vilage in Văratec.
In 1453, through a donation diploma given by King Ladislau, who, for his special merits in the battles against the Turks, enumerating the miraculous acts of Mihail de Ciula and Dionysius, the son of Andrew of Densus, gave him the Hill Black, Ciulisoara Valley, Gross, and half of Densus.
As early as 1593, Răchitova is mentioned in the Csaki Conscription as Rekettye.
In 1600 it appears in the Conservation of Veress, the same locality as Rekettyefalva. Due to the fact that no other changes occurred, it is mentioned only in 1733 in the Klein Conscription, under the name Rekitova, a Romanian name that has been preserved to this day.
In the statistics of Transylvania, that is to say between 1835 and 1850, this locality appears again, under the name Magyarized by Retyisor, name changes are very frequent, that exemplification, in 1854, appears under the name Reketyefalva.
We have to look for who owned this possession, placed in a strategic position, defended by the two strata of protective hills.
From some of the documents of 1438, Stephen and Sandrin Mursina, he received from King Albert that a small donation, the villages of Rachitova, Mesteacan and Ableu, the last village disappearing afterwards because of heavy conditions, the inhabitants moving to the Lunca Cernii de Sus and Lunca Lower Chernies.
In 1516, this village appears as a possession of the widow Mursina Gaspar, born Csermenyi. Rachitova passed to the Csermenyi family.
This family has quenched, as tradition says, after a curse fell upon her for trying to kidnap the estate of the Negoi Monastery. The last exaltation of this family vanished at the end of the seventeenth century, as an inscription in the old church says.
The estate of the extinct family passed through to several of the rudens, who, little by little, scattered all their wealth. Only a few traces of old walls attest to the Germans in this village.
The Church of the Rattlesnake, as it shows the inscription discovered, was very old, perhaps through the 16th or the 17th century. In 1888 another great and beautiful was built.
Part of the village of Rachitova extends beyond Lunca Cernii, in the place called Negoiul Rachitovii. There are some who have permanent dwellings there, but most of them come only in the summer made by hay or in the spring to eat it with the cattle, being very difficult to transport in the village.
In the tough, harsh times of Turkish invasions, this hidden village would not have been spared of their wickedness. Evidence
is the remnant of an old and powerful tower that towers today in the
southern part of the village, being a watchtower, and corresponds to
the one in Orlea near Subcetate, from which it was given notice by certain signs in time danger.
The locals call this "fortress" tower, a massive stone wall, U-shaped, 15 m high, still preserved. Today, it is believed that it was built in the 14th century. Tower there is a shelter, arranged with the tower, which has probably served to hide people from the threatening danger of the Turks.
The school opened in Răchitova first in 1857 and moved from one place to another through small and inappropriate houses.
In 1876, an own wooden school was built, and in 1900 one of the most beautiful schools in this country was built, with only one teacher, although school children were around 300.
The first teacher was John Dragota, a graduate of the Hateg course in the years 1857-1875.
From an administrative point of view, the Negoi village belonged to the village of Răchitova until 1950, although it is at a distance of 12 km; This proves that hundreds of years ago they were part of the same feudal possession.
Since 1950 Negoi village has been part of the Lunca Cernii commune, and the village of Mesteacăn, which until that date belonged to Lunca Cernii commune, entered the village of Răchitova.