1. Archeological discoveries
• BĂŢĂLAR - At the border of the village, in the point called fermă, towards Streisingeorgiu, 400 m east of the locality, some Roman ruins (villa rustica) were discovered. The rugs contained mosaic for the paviment and many tiles.
• BERCU - Prehistoric vestiges were discovered at several points.
At Vircolin point located at the border of the village, 400 m east of the village, ceramic materials belonging to the Wietenberg culture were discovered. To the east of Vircolin, artifacts from the Neolithic and the Bronze Age were discovered in the field on the left bank of the river.
• ROMANIAN BRUTE - A Roman inscription was found in the commune's village.
• BRETEA STREIULUI - At the border of the village there were found lithic (stone) carved materials. Between the CFR Plopi Passage and the road to Bretea Romana, south of DN 66, in the Grumeda point, ceramics belonging to the Neolithic and Wietenberg culture were discovered.
• COVRAGIU - Ceramic materials belonging to the Cotofeni culture were discovered to the west of the locality.
• GÎNŢAGA - On a plateau above the Strei, on both sides of the road that descends from Gintaga towards the passage to Plopi in the place called Dimbuleu, a settlement belonging to the Cotofeni culture was discovered. Wietenberg ceramic materials are also located in the same place. At 4 km from the village, on the left bank of the valley, a Dacian settlement was discovered.
• MACEU - In this village were found medieval vestiges, here a wooden chapel.
• RUŞI - At the border of the village, north of the village, archaeological traces of Roman times were discovered.
• VELCARS - Here is a coin from Dyrrachium.
• GOOD CHRISTMAS - Here is a discovery of prehistoric objects made of gold. To the village of Vâlcelele Bune, in 1866, a treasure was made up of drachmas issued in Dyrrachium (370 pieces are in the collections of the Museum of Dacian and Romanian Civilization in Deva). At the southern end of the Vilceluta hamlet, on the road that comes from Boşorod, Roman ceramics were discovered.
During the medieval period, the history of the villages of Bretea Romana commune with the other localities in Hateg Country and in the neighboring areas. Even though most of them are documented only in the 14th-14th centuries, their existence is much older.
The Bretea Română locality, situated on the lower course of Streia, on the right bank, is documented in 1453, though it may be mentioned much earlier in connection with Bretea Streiului (formerly Bretea Ungureasca). In 1453, Bretea Română, along with several villages in Hațeg Country belonged to Deva fortress. Bretea Streiului (formerly Bretea Ungurească) is located on the left bank of Streiu, on its lower course, north of the city of Hațeg. The locality is documented in 1332 when, a Ladislau, the "Berecce" parish priest, appears in the accounts of papal dijma. The village belonged to the royal citadel of Hațeg, from which it was taken and given by King Gregory Bethlen before 1398. In 1406, the locality and the customs are under the rule of John, the son of Gregory Bethlen, the lady in the royal court.