1. Wooden church in Chergheş, Cârjiţi commune, Hunedoara county was built in late XVII century.
It is dedicated to "Sf. Cuvioasă Paraschiva" (October 14). It's on the list of historical monuments.
the northwestern limit of the "Pădureni Land" Chergheş
village, in the commune of Cârjiți, is another wooden church dedicated to "St. Paraschiva".
It is composed of a polygonal shrine in three
sides and a nave of a reduced scale, both arched semi-cylindrical,
to which is added a nave ceiling overlapped by a short bell-tower,
with an open turret and a pyramidal roof, tiled with shingels.
The most significant restoration took place in the mid nineteenth century, was put in touch with a pall given by the great hierarch Andrei Şaguna in 1855.
The interior walls are lined with boards, in hiding, probably impressive pictorial fragments in post brâncovenesc style.