Historical heritage in Sălașu de Sus - Hațeg Country - Pădureni Land

Go to content

Main menu:

Historical heritage in Sălașu de Sus

Hațeg Country > Sălașu de Sus
1. Mălăieşti Fortress, Sălaşu de Sus
Mălăieşti was built in the 14th century as a military construction and it was finished a century later.
These days the fortress is fully rehabilitated and open to visitors.

The Fortress in Mălăieşti was extended in its final in 1588. Initiated by Sărăcin family from Sălașu de Sus in the 16th century, a beautiful noble yard was raised, which highlights the effort of assertion of local autonomy of the representatives of this family and implicitly of the community in Sălașu de Sus.
The political  problems beginnings from the 16th century led to the loss of the importance of the local community in favour of the central power, but the civil and military constructions spread over the Country of Hațeg remain a testymony over the centuries, tempting the traveller to stop admiringly in front of every historical monument.
Mălăieşti Citadel is a jewel of the Haţeg Country, full of history. How it was saved from becoming a simple pile of stones, read more here >
The Mălăieşti Fortress is excellently illustrated by this youtube channel
2. Biserica Iobagilor (Church of the Serfs) in Sălașu de Sus
The church built at Sălașu de Sus, dedicated to Holy apostles Petru and Pavel, also called the Church of the Serfs or the Church over the Water, was founded in the 15th-16th centuries by the family of Sărăcin (later Szerecsen) and Mara (XVII) on the place of a wood.

The age of the foundation is marked by two elements that chronologically outline the evolution of the church: the framing of the entrance door of the church and the pisania set on the bell tower outside the entrance.
The stone church, built at the beginning of the 16th century, has two phases of construction. In the first construction phase, at the beginning of the sec. XVI, the church was presented as an unstructured ship construction with an undeciphered semicircular apse. The western wall is that of the original construction.
3. Cândrea feudal fortress
4. Other tourist attractions
The church of the "Ascension of God" from the village of Nucșoara, built in 1786, a historical monument.

The Wall Church "The Descent of the Holy Spirit" from the village of Paroș, built in the 15th century, a historical monument.

Reformed church in the Râu Alb, 15th century building, historical monument.

The Church of the "Saints Athanasius and Cyril" in the village of Sălașu de Sus, built in the 15th century, a historical monument.

The Nemes Church in Sălașul de Sus, 18th-century construction, historical monument, 18th-century paintings.

Orthodox parochial house in Nucşoara village, nineteenth century construction, historical monument.

Here are pictures of the historical monuments:
 
This site does not necessarily represent the position of the Swiss Government, nor does it imply any responsibility on its part.
The authors are fully responsible for the published content.
Back to content | Back to main menu