The castle of the Austrian general Gyulay Ferencz
The castle was built in the seventeenth century by Gyulay Ferencz, an Austrian general, the only child of the noble Hungarian Gyulay Ignacz. Ferencz raised the mansion instead of a smaller building. The family of the general then ruled all of Mintia, to which he added the title Marosnemeti, from the Hungarian "nemet" which means "German."
Several descendants of the Gyulay family lived in Castel. In 1806, the documents mention that the estate of Mintia was mastered by Gyulay Istvan. There followed Albert and K.R Gyulay. Countess Constance Gyulay de Mintia, who married Ladislau Kuun of Osdola, inherited the field with her brother Ludovic. In 1848 the Gyulay family fled to Cluj, and after the revolution, only Ludovic, Ladislau Kuun and his wife, Constance, and their children, Irene and Geza, returned to Mintia.
Ludovic was the last heiress of the Gyulay family. He wrote over 100 diaries about the mansion and about Mintia. All are kept at the History Museum in Cluj-Napoca ". Ludovic
Gyulay changed the building in 1834, giving him the form it has